Submit a patch
TODO: this is just a set of basic instructions. We need to add more information here.
The steps to submitting a patch for Wicket are:
- Identify an issue that you want to fix or improve
- Search JIRA and the mailing list to see if it’s already been discussed
- If it’s a bug or a feature request, open a JIRA issue
- Create a quickstart that you can use for prototyping the feature or demonstrating the bug
- Attach this quickstart to the JIRA issue if it’s representing a bug report.
- Get Git running
- Checkout out the code
- Make your changes
- Create the patch:
git add any_files_you_created_modified_or_deleted git diff --cached > /tmp/fix-WICKET-NNNN.patch
- Attach that file (/tmp/fix-WICKET-NNNN.patch) to the JIRA