The Apache Wicket PMC is proud to announce Apache Wicket 6.3.0!
This release marks the third minor release of Wicket 6. Starting with Wicket 6 we use semantic versioning for the future development of Wicket, and as such no API breaks are present in this release compared to 6.0.0.
New and noteworthy
We have upgraded the embedded JQuery library to 1.8.2 (the most recent stable release of JQuery). If you depend on an earlier version of JQuery, you can instruct Wicket to use your older version. See the Wicket Ajax Guide for more information.
For the full changelog see the release notes attached to the end of this announcement.
Using this release
With Apache Maven update your dependency to (and don’t forget to update any other dependencies on Wicket projects to the same version):
Or download and build the distribution yourself, or use our convenience binary package
Upgrading from earlier versions
If you upgrade from 6.0.0, 6.1.0, or 6.2.0 this release is a drop in replacement. If you come from a version prior to 6.0.0, please read our Wicket 6 migration guide found at http://s.apache.org/wicket-6.0-migration
— The Wicket team
Release Notes - Wicket - Version 6.3.0
- WICKET-4623 - UploadProgressBar does not show up if the form submitted by AjaxButton or AjaxLink
- WICKET-4826 - PaletteButton#onComponentTag(ComponentTag) does not call super
- WICKET-4829 - ComponentResolvers created in app init ignore markup’s namespace
- WICKET-4836 - Unmount a page does not work if the path starts with /
- WICKET-4837 - SmartLinkMultiLineLabel does not display email addresses or web URLs as hyperlinks
- WICKET-4841 - Return error code 400 when an Ajax request has no base url set in header/request parameters.
- WICKET-4842 - WicketRuntimeException when Tomcat cleans up a session later on
- WICKET-4844 - AbstractResourceReferenceMapper doesn’t escape separators in style/variation names
- WICKET-4848 - Reporter of FeedbackMessage should not be set to ‘null’ on detach
- WICKET-4850 - BaseWicketTester discards cookies with MaxAge = -1 when processing a new request
- WICKET-4857 - AutoCompleteTextFields submits Form if a choice is selected via enter-key
- WICKET-4859 - Integer overflow in AbstractToolbar
- WICKET-4864 - ‘format’ not set in ConversionException
- WICKET-4865 - Page parameters not working with CryptoMapper
- WICKET-4831 - Append the feedback message CSS class instead of overriding it
- WICKET-4835 - Add debug log messages in CompoundRequestMapper#mapRequest
- WICKET-4845 - Make BasicResourceReferenceMapper public so it is easy to extend it
- WICKET-4853 - Change FormComponent#reportRequiredError() from private to protected
- WICKET-4856 - Support SVG extension in SecurePackageResourceGuard
- WICKET-4863 - Customize ValidationError creation by FormComponent
- WICKET-4867 - Detach the object before calculating its size
- WICKET-4855 - Upgrade JQuery to 1.8.2