Apache Wicket 6.15.0 released
The Apache Wicket PMC is proud to announce Apache Wicket 6.15.0!
This release marks the fifteenth minor release of Wicket 6. Starting with Wicket 6 we use semantic versioning for the future development of Wicket, and as such no API breaks are present in this release compared to 6.0.0.
New and noteworthy
This release fixes 25 bugs and adds the following improvements:
- The second level page store has been disabled by default (see issue WICKET-5554 for more details).
- Created new placeholder tag to indicate where header contributions should appear. See this blog post entry or paragraph 15.8 of the official guide.
This release also celebrates the 10th birthday of Wicket!
Using this release
With Apache Maven update your dependency to (and don’t forget to update any other dependencies on Wicket projects to the same version):
<dependency> <groupId>org.apache.wicket</groupId> <artifactId>wicket-core</artifactId> <version>6.15.0</version> </dependency>
Or download and build the distribution yourself, or use our convenience binary package
- Source: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/6.15.0
- Binary: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/6.15.0/binaries
Upgrading from earlier versions
If you upgrade from 6.y.z this release is a drop in replacement. If you come from a version prior to 6.0.0, please read our Wicket 6 migration guide found at
— The Wicket team
Release Notes - Wicket - Version 6.15.0
* [WICKET-5510] - Avoid using jQuery.text() when possible. It is very slow in IE * [WICKET-5554] - Disable second level pages store because it is efficient only when manually configured
* [WICKET-5508] - Memory model improvements for Session fields * [WICKET-5512] - Allow using child selector for JS event bindings * [WICKET-5520] - improve reusability of DataTable and AbstractPageableView * [WICKET-5528] - Allow models of subtypes of Select type parameter in SelectOption constructor * [WICKET-5529] - Add WebSocketBehavior/Resource#onPush() callback method * [WICKET-5531] - Create new placeholder tag to indicate where header contributions should appear * [WICKET-5538] - When using Component.setDefaultModel, only detach the previous model if the new one is different * [WICKET-5549] - continueToOriginalDestination() fails after redirectToInterceptPage() on AjaxRequest* [WICKET-5288] - Allow &lt;script&gt;-Tags act as WebMarkUpContainer to add Child-Components
* [WICKET-831] - Return response status 404 when a mapper cannot decode a request url * [WICKET-2542] - Provide ajax buttons for wizard
* [WICKET-5514] - Update Wicket fragment example
* [WICKET-5516] - RadioChoice / add a getAdditionalAttributes() also for <label>-tag * [WICKET-5542] - Remove final from TextArea.onComponentTagBody()