Apache Wicket 6.4.0 released
The Apache Wicket PMC is proud to announce Apache Wicket 6.4.0!
This release marks the fourth minor release of Wicket 6. Starting with Wicket 6 we use semantic versioning for the future development of Wicket, and as such no API breaks are present in this release compared to 6.0.0.
New and noteworthy
JQuery was upgraded to 1.8.3, bootstrap to 2.2.2.
JSR 303 BeanValidation support
Native support for BeanValidation (JSR 303) was added as an experimental module and released as version 0.5. You can grab it by using these maven coordinates:
or by pasting in the pom snippet below:
<dependency> <groupId>org.apache.wicket</groupId> <artifactId>wicket-bean-validation</artifactId> <version>0.5</version> </dependency>
Note that this is an experimental module and that it is not released under the SemVer rules. Use at your own risk.
Hierarchical feedback panel
A new kind of feedback panel was introduced: a hierarchical feedback panel. A specialized feedback panel that only displays messages from inside a fence defined by a container component. Instances will not show messages coming from inside a nested fence, allowing the nesting of these panels to work correctly without displaying the same feedback message twice. A constructor that does not takes a fencing component creates a catch-all panel that shows messages that do not come from inside any fence or from the Session.
For more information see the FencedFeedbackPanel javadoc.
For the full changelog see the release notes attached to the end of this announcement.
Using this release
With Apache Maven update your dependency to (and don’t forget to update any other dependencies on Wicket projects to the same version):
<dependency> <groupId>org.apache.wicket</groupId> <artifactId>wicket-core</artifactId> <version>6.4.0</version> </dependency>
Or download and build the distribution yourself, or use our convenience binary package
- Source: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/6.4.0
- Binary: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/6.4.0/binaries
Upgrading from earlier versions
If you upgrade from 6.0.0, 6.1.0, 6.2.0 or 6.3.0 this release is a drop in replacement. If you come from a version prior to 6.0.0, please read our Wicket 6 migration guide found at
— The Wicket team
Release Notes - Wicket - Version 6.4.0
- WICKET-4880 - Make it possible to override the Ajax behavior of AjaxSubmitLink and AjaxButton
- WICKET-4869 - Wicket-Atmosphere track message length
- WICKET-4872 - IllegalArgumentException on ReloadingWicketFilter and inheritance markup
- WICKET-4877 - encodeUrl fails parsing jsessionid when using root context
- WICKET-4878 - Rendering of feedback messages fails with DebugBar in page
- WICKET-4881 - IE 8 : error when handling Wicket Ajax Response
- WICKET-4884 - ValidationError messages for NumberTextFields with minimum/maximum are always English
- WICKET-4886 - Do not register Ajax timer if the component is removed
- WICKET-4890 - Bad validation messages after WICKET-2128
- WICKET-4891 - UrlRenderer.renderRelativeUrl misbehavior if the filterPath is composed.
- WICKET-4894 - Internet Explorer fails fails to properly include conditional stylesheet links added via AjaxRequestTarget
- WICKET-4895 - WicketRuntimeException: addOrReplace for feedback panel does not clear Component.FEEDBACK_LIST - feedback from replaced component causes error.
- WICKET-4899 - autocomplete shows strings with quotes strings as string2 with "quote"
- WICKET-4900 - Setting a status code on an AbstractResource results in no HTTP body
- WICKET-4908 - Wrong charset or screwed up characters in Norwegian properties-file
- WICKET-4911 - Palette Ajax update does not work
- WICKET-4913 - HtmlDocumentParser does not support tags containing number (e.g. h1-h6)
- WICKET-4915 - org.apache.wicket.util.resource.Patht#find fails on Windows
- WICKET-4916 - AbstractTree$TreeItem renderHead does not call renderHead for child TreeItems.
- WICKET-4917 - Websockets are not working if URL has a hash in it
- WICKET-4918 - LazyInitProxyFactory prevents using package private interfaces
- WICKET-4920 - Rendered Url on root context with cookies disabled might result in double slash //
- WICKET-4922 - Cloned ServletWebRequest returns wrong OriginalUrl
- WICKET-4923 - CryptoMapper ignores original queryString parameters
- WICKET-4873 - Support different session id parameter
- WICKET-4876 - CheckBoxMultipleChoice should implement getAdditionalAttributes as RadioChoice
- WICKET-4887 - Use a Set to keep the supported wicket elements in WicketTagIdentifier
- WICKET-4889 - Label constructor should accept Serializable as label
- WICKET-4892 - Provide helpful exception message in RequestCycle#urlFor()
- WICKET-4901 - AjaxPagingNaviagtionLink should provide updateAjaxAttributes like AjaxLink
- WICKET-4902 - ConcatBundleResource should use the respective ITextResourceCompressor
- WICKET-4924 - Websocket broadcast support does not work with OSGi
- WICKET-4832 - Websocket broadcast support
- WICKET-4879 - Implementing channels in wicket-atmosphere
- WICKET-4883 - Out of the box bean-validation (JSR 303) integration
- WICKET-4888 - Introduce a hierarchical feedback panel (FencedFeedbackPanel)
- WICKET-4885 - Upgrade jQuery to its latest stable version (1.8.3)